Mascarpone Cheesecake


I made my second cheesecake last week for a gourmet dining group I belong to. It was my turn to host dinner with a friend and we were going with an Italian theme. I knew I wanted to make a cheesecake, but to make it Italian, I made a mascarpone cheesecake.

The recipe I chose was from Giada De Laurentiis. It can be found at the Food Network site. Mascarpone Cheesecake

As usual, I got too caught up in serving dinner that I forgot to take a picture of the finished whole cake. But the picture above shows a slice. The stuff on top is gold leaf because I had wanted to use that as well. Then I served it with some lemon curd. For the crust, I chose to crush up some Girl Scout cookies - the Samoa/Caramel Delights. This was a great crust, but it stuck to the plate. Should have sprayed the plate down first.

The cheesecake was light and creamy. Everyone thought that it was a great consistency - not too dense like some cheesecakes can get. A definite winner and worth doing again if you can bear the expense of mascarpone cheese.